UPDATE AS OF 5/26/2020
We would like to keep you updated on Sand Creek Animal Hospital’s plan for servicing you while handling the Covid-19 crisis. We are still not allowing clients into the building! We are doing curbside services only-which means if you are here for an appointment you must wait for you pet in the parking lot! We understand that the governor has allowed veterinary hospitals to open back up fully but we do not feel it is safe enough yet for us to do so. We will update you when we have more answers. Thank you for your understanding.
1) You are required to wear a mask during interactions with our employees.
2) To help handle the increased volume of phone calls, our concierge will meet you in the parking lot to check you in for your appointment. If you are picking up medications or you are not greeted by someone in the parking lot please call the hospital at 518-446-9171
3) Team members will not be allowed to reach into vehicles to get patients. Please help by getting your dog or cat carrier out of your vehicle. Please make sure your dog’s collar is tight enough that it will not slip over their head. If possible, please put small dogs in carriers. For your cat’s safety, all cats must be in a carrier.
4) Since we are back to full staffing, we have returned to our normal business hours:
Monday 8:00am – 7:30pm
Tuesday 8:00am – 7:30pm
Wednesday 8:00am – 7:30pm
Thursday 8:00am – 7:30pm
Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
5) We have focused our resources on the increased demand for examination visits. We will have limited availability for technician appointments. We will not be able to do nail trim only appointments during the COVID-19 crisis.
6) Please be understanding that emergent cases will take priority over routine appointments and we may need to call on short notice to reschedule your healthy routine appointment.
7) We will continue our social distancing protocols which requires clients to stay in their car and not come into the building.
8) We encourage you to email us with non-urgent matters at [email protected]
We are committed to the health and well-being of our healthcare team, clients, and patients. We apologize for the inconvenience that these changes may cause. We appreciate your patience during the difficult and unprecedented time. We will continue to send updates by email as changes happen.
The Doctors and Healthcare Team of Sand Creek Animal Hospital
Welcome to Sand Creek Animal Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Albany NY
Call us at (518) 446-9171
Sand Creek Animal Hospital is a companion animal practice in Albany, NY that strives to provide high-quality modern medicine with old-fashioned care throughout the life of your pet. Our team continues to evolve within an ever changing field while providing a fear-free approach to preventative care for every patient. We take pride in our team's commitment to offer exceptional services with the latest state of the art equipment and technology. Above all else, we are determined to provide you with the proper education to make decisions that are in your companion's best interest and forever strengthening the human-animal bond.
At Sand Creek Animal Hospital, we treat a variety of animals. Not only do all of our veterinarians see dogs and cats, but Dr. McDaniel also cares for rabbits, ferrets, pigs, guinea pigs, and other “pocket pets.” Our veterinarians are USDA certified if you are in need of a health certificate in order to travel. We are conveniently located on Wolf Road. Call us at (518) 446-9171, or email us [email protected] with any questions, and we will promptly get back to you.
Sand Creek Animal Hospital
130 Wolf Rd.Albany, NY 12205