UPDATE AS OF 5/26/2020
We would like to keep you updated on Sand Creek Animal Hospital’s procedures as we transition to person Doctor visits. Thank you for your understanding.
1) If you have COVID, have any symptoms to COVID, or if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID in the last 10 days and you have an appointment with us please contact us IMMEDIATELY. We will need to reschedule your appointment.
2) This transition will be gradual and start with doctor appointments for your pets. Appointments for technicians and for your pets being admitted for laser therapy, diagnostic procedures, and surgery will continue to be curbside for the time being. We will also continue curbside service for medication pick up.
3) To help handle the increased volume of phone calls, our concierge will meet you in the parking lot to check you in for your appointment. Then a team member will contact you by phone to obtain a history. A team member will then meet you in the parking lot and will bring you and your pet into the hospital. The doctor will do an in person examination with you in the examination room. If you are picking up medications or you are not greeted by someone in the parking lot please call the hospital at (518) 446-9171.
4) We will allow one pet parent into the building with their pet. We ask that additional individuals wait in your vehicle. If you arrive with children curbside service will be provided to you so you can remain in your vehicle with your children. Pet parents will be REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS COVERING BOTH MOUTH AND NOSE at all times while in the hospital or interacting with the team in the parking lot.
5) Team members will NOT be allowed to reach into vehicles to get patients. Please help by getting your dog or cat carrier out of your vehicle. Please make sure your dog’s collar is tight enough that it will not slip over their head. If possible, please put small dogs in carriers. For your cat’s safety, all cats MUST be in a carrier.
5) We are not doing Nail Trim appointments at this time.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our healthcare team, clients, and patients. We apologize for the inconvenience that these changes may cause. We appreciate your patience during the difficult and unprecedented time. We will continue to send updates by email as changes happen.
The Doctors and Healthcare Team of Sand Creek Animal Hospital
Your Experienced, Caring, and Friendly Veterinarian in Albany, NY
Do you need a local veterinary clinic to care for your furry family member? Sand Creek Animal Hospital is right around the corner in Albany, NY. We welcome all kinds of animal companions and offer a complete range of preventative veterinary care and emergency services to keep their tails wagging. Our team of board-certified veterinarians offers a wide range of expertise for cats, dogs, rabbits, pigs, and more. We look forward to meeting you and your pets soon!
The General Health and Wellness of Your Pets
If they live with you in your home, we are here to provide the vaccines, exams, and treatment required to maintain a healthy life for your pet. Ask us about our puppy and kitten care packages, so you can give them the right start for a long life free of disease and pests. The general health of your pet requires more than food and shelter. Bring them in for routine grooming or ask us about boarding services when you go on vacation. Support the wellness of your pet when you consult with our vets to mitigate the discomfort of arthritis or other ailments associated with old age.
Dental Services for Your Dog and Cat
Your pet will live a longer and happier life when you take proper care of their dental health. We offer a wide array of dental services from a quick inspection to routine cleaning and extractions. Your pet will eat better and even play with more confidence when you address painful cavities and prevent the progress of gum disease.
The Latest in Laser Therapy and Ultrasound Technology
At Sand Creek Animal Hospital we are always looking for new technologies that can reduce suffering and improve the quality of life for our furry patients. We are fully equipped to use cold and hot laser therapy that can assist in the healing process for soft tissue injuries. See the difference that faster healing brings when your dog or cat can recover with less pain. New ultrasound equipment lets us identify more problems in a non-invasive manner, reducing the stress that is often associated with a visit to the vet.
Schedule Your Visit to Sand Creek Animal Hospital in Albany Today!
Our office is open for scheduled appointments Monday through Friday with early and late evening hours offered for your convenience. Call us today at (518) 446-9171 or use our online reservation system to set aside the time to visit one of our veterinarians. Are you concerned about your pet meeting another animal in the waiting room? Let us know you are coming ahead of time so we can clear a path for your nervous friend.