Sand Creek Animal Hospital Hours of Operation:
130 Wolf Road Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8am-7:30pm
Albany, NY 12205 Friday 8am-5pm
I need to bring in my new dog for an appointment, what can I expect?
Depending on the age of the dog and what previous veterinary care they have received this appointment will vary greatly, but as a general rule this is what you can expect for a new dog over 6 months of age, but less than 7 years old.
- Complete exam - check from nose to tail including:
o Checking eyes, ears, mouth and teeth
o Heart and lung Sounds
o Feel abdomen
o Check temperature
o Weight check
- Fecal analysis to check for intestinal parasites
- Discuss home dental care
- Discuss any questions or concerns
- Update any vaccines : Rabies, Distemper (DHPP), Lyme, Bordetella (if needed)
- Heartworm blood test, includes screening for tick borne diseases ( if needed)
- Dispense Interceptor for heartworm prevention (if needed)
- Dispense Vectra 3D for flea and tick treatment and prevention (if needed)
- Discuss and schedule spay/neuter (if needed)
*Your pet may need a follow up appointment to booster vaccines. This is usually done 2 weeks after the initial appointment and there typically isn’t an office visit fee.